As athletes, we want to focus on both muscular endurance—the ability to perform an activity over a sustained period of time, and muscular strength
If you are new to strength training, ease into it from both a frequency and intensity perspective. Start out with one to two days per week and err on the side of lighter weigh.
Warm Up 5 min
jump rope or jog
Stretch it helps prepare your body for the exercise
WORKOUT Muscle worked
1. Lat Pull Down - 10 reps/2 sets muscle group in your back called the latissimus dorsi, or lats
2. Push Ups Ketltebell Touch - 10 reps/2 sets Chest, shoulders, triceps, abdominal
3. Kettlebell Swings - 20 reps/2 sets Lower back, shoulders, gluteus ( bum), hips, hamstrings
4. Plank Shoulder Touch - 10 reps each shoulder / 2 sets Abdominal, shoulder, chest
5. Band Triceps Kickback - 20 reps/ 2 sets Triceps
6. Abs Rollout - 20 reps/2 sets Abdominal, chest, shoulder
If you are ready to take your training, racing and body composition to the next level, incorporate strength training year round for maximal results.