This breakfast is so easy to make, super satisfying, not too sweet, and really tasty.
- 1 cup dried quinoa
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 scoop vegan vanilla protein powder I use myprotein.com
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Toppings: 1 tbsp flaxseeds, 1/4 cup blueberries, 1 tsp golden raisins
- Bring your water and quinoa to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to a low, allowing quinoa to simmer.
- Add in almond milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla.
- Stir in 1/4 cup of blueberries.
- Let simmer 3 minutes.
- Stir in 1 scoop of vegan protein powder. Stir well, adding more water as necessary if it gets too thick.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Top with nuts, fresh fruit, and raisins.