They are fluffy, whole grain, naturally sweetened, downright healthy banana muffin hearts that are also delicious. The recipe calls for basic ingredients and you can mix them all together in one bowl.
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil or extra virgin oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana ( about 2 bananas)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cups coconut flour, or oats or whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup oats ( I add 2 scoop of vanilla protein powder)
- Preheat oven to 165 C. if necessary, grease 11 cups of your muffin or other tin with coconut oil.
- In a a large bowl, beat the coconut oil and honey together with a whisk. I use food processor. Add eggs and beat well. Mix in the mashed bananas and milk, followed by the baking soda, vanilla extract, salt and cinnamon.
- Add the flour and oats to the bowl and mix with a large spoon, just until combined.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 11 muffin cups, filling each cup. Bake muffins for 25 minutes.
- Place the muffin tin on cooling rack to cool.
- Enjoy muffin hearts as is or with spread of nut butter :)